Tis' the season…for weddings! At the beginning of October, three of my college pals got married on the same day. This meant a ton of planning, parties, and presents for these three lucky ladies. This also meant that there were many a brides maid needing to make sure their bride was feeling special on such a wonderful occasion. One of the most exciting aspects of being the Maid of Honor is helping to plan the Bridal Shower, but it can also be a lot of work if you aren't prepared. Here are 10 tips on planning and executing a Bridal Shower for the bride and her besties to remember…
10. Ditch the typical morning/afternoon shower, and go for evening glamor. While there is nothing wrong with your typical shower, it is time to get creative and spoil your bride. Select a theme that will leave the soon-to-be Mrs. feel super special. Head to her favorite restaurant and treat her like a queen!
9. Who said you can't have a themed shower? While you want to stay away from the Super-Themey-Theme parties, there is nothing wrong with staying true to a concept. We opted for a glammed out evening–the Happy Hour Bridal Soiree. Selecting a nice restaurant and adding your special touch with personalized seating tags and drink menus is a great way to make it all about your bride. Adding fun facts about your bride to the menus will be great convo starters over appetizers and cocktails.
8. Start it off with a great invite. You will set the bar with the invitations, so you want to make sure to find the perfect invite for your Happy Hour Soiree. We love the templates and ease of customization at Purpletrail.com. I created these bridal shower invitations at Purpletrail.com in only minutes. Check out some of the great bridal shower options on their site, it may even help you to come up with a killer theme.
7. Destination Shower. Make a weekend out of it. Head to a B&B for some R&R, enjoy Yoga on the beach, or enjoy a weekend on the slopes. Pack your weekend with mani/pedis, massage therapy, and a slumber party with the girls. This Bridal Shower/Bachelorette weekend sounds like the perfect excuse to find a fiance!
6. Make it a couples thing. Your bride is about to be a married woman, she you might as well get used to the couples thing. Pair up with some of her favorite couples for a fun afternoon barbecue or night on the town. This is great for those who find themselves hanging out with the couples more than they do with their pals. There is nothing wrong with sticking together.
5. Get a lesson or two. Opt for an afternoon of learning. Plan a cooking class for the ladies, or make an afternoon for crafting. There is nothing wrong with cocktails and floral arrangements or favors. Use this time to get help from the bride's best pals to prepare the bouquets or favors–plus, most pals will be thrilled to have a hand in the wedding.
4. Put together a personal gift for the bride. Reach out the friends of the bride and have each design a scrapbook page. Throw them into a bound book for a wonderful collection of memories that the bride will cherish for years to come.
3. Charity event. Get the ladies together and get involved in a cause that the bride is passionate about. Sign up for a charitable event/walk/run, and enjoy the day with pals. This is perfect for the bride who is involved with a specific cause. Get each of the ladies a shirt for the charity and be sure to bedazzle the bride's shirt just enough to help her feel special. Enjoy a picnic/lunch and bring the perfect cupcakes to top off the day.
2. The perfect bridal shower favor. Pick a favor for your ladies that will coincide with the parties theme. For the Happy Hour Bridal Soiree you may find a set of personalized shot glasses or fun Martini glasses. For the ladies on the go, you will love CitySlips. For less than $30, these fold-up ballet slippers are perfect to carry in your purse or small bag, and will be great for the wedding reception. So while all of the bride's pals can enjoy them, they will be great for the wedding party as well. (BUY CitySlips for the wedding party and favors.)
1. Have fun. Remember, this is all about the bride. Enjoy the party, pamper your bride and make it a stress-free day. There are bound to be bumps in the road, but do your best to resolve the issue and move on. Make the last days and weeks of the single life her best yet.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.